Friday, March 28, 2008

Inspiration- Janet Jones and sleep cycles





Janet Jones, an artist who I found this evening via The Collage Museum, is so absolutely inspiring that I have lost all the tiredness in my mind and am desperate to get into the studio- but my body protests, and I must try to switch of my mind for sleep. At 4:30am, it is half hour past my bedtime. Yes, only half an hour.

I have an abnormal Circadian rhythm, basically that means I don't do 9 to 5 like everyone else. My hours are roughly 1pm till 4am. It's something that has bothered me in years passed, especially in those times when I needed to be awake with the rest of the world. But I am coming to terms with it now, and am thankful that as an artist working from home, I can have any hours I want! Hopefully I will one day re-train myself, I wish sometimes I were the kind of person who could get up at dawn. it's such a perfect part of the day, so peaceful and clean.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful finds!
And your Etsy shop...well, it is just magical!!
If this is what comes from being awake until 4am, I wouldn't change a thing :)

Seth said...

I love her work. Thanks for providing a daily dose.