Monday, March 3, 2008

It draws ever closer

An orphan's only possession


I'm finding that the closing reality of having the shop up and running is motivating me enormously. I made alot of earrings yesterday- i don't have much in the way of earrings, usually I don't make them, but I bought some lovely kidney wires from the US and did up a few pairs with those as well as ordinary french hooks. Some of them came out rather tribal- maybe I'll do a Thunderdome collection!


I actually like making them as a 'break'- the necklaces can be time consuming, matching the chain tones, finding the right pins,jump rings etc. The earrings are often easier to put together, mostly because I was actually organised at some point and put all the 'pairs' of trinkets in one box.



I also bought this lovely little tea-coloured House on the Prairie type shirt on the 50c rack at the op shop, which is at present in the dye bucket with some doilies and lace, turning an orphanage-hue of dirty purple/grey. I think that dye is just about at the end of it's power! Hopefully I can have a few shirts ready for the shop opening next week.

I'll leave you with a shot of some thrift scores over the last week:

Better go check that dye bucket!

1 comment:

High Desert Diva said...

Looks like you got some great thrift store finds.


I like the Mad Max line idea...:-)