Monday, March 17, 2008


This will be available in the Etsy shop in the not too distant future. A (19th century?) memorial turning pendant, purchased recently from eBay. I won this really cheap, because the seller clearly didn't realise what they had, and neglected to write 'mourning' in the title and listed it as a craft finding. Lucky for me, I would have had to beat back a slew of bidders. I love the rough cut piece of backing paper in the rear!

(Images taken from the auction listing)

I found some lovely crystal heart pendants today as well, Angelite (which I'd never seen before today, a lovely powder blue/frosty white stone that feels like eggshells) , labradorite with the most wonderful flashing green flecks inside, and something called Inca Gold, which is a dark shimmery blue (so dark it's almost black) with grey veins. All of which are intended for the shop as well, though it might be hard giving up the Angelite...

3 comments:

Susan Kruse said...

Hey, good luck with the opening! Looking forward to checking out your shop.

Vintage Blue Studio said...

Thanks for visiting my site. I'm looking forward to seeing your shop when it opens! BTW, that was an awesome find you got on ebay. I love searching there, especially in the winter when I cant go garage sailing!

Diana

High Desert Diva said...

wonderful pendant