Thursday, November 26, 2009

installing a comment reply system on Blogger


Having a blog is so wonderful, there's so many supportive people out there to help and encourage you on your path of choice. But it can be frustrating at times not being able to reply to comments- the dreaded 'no reply at blogger dot com'.

Leaving a comment on your own post is tricky because it relies on people clicking 'notify me of follow-up comments' which is rare, or going to everyone's blog and leaving a comment there with your reply. Tedium! (Not that I don't love going to everyone's blogs.)


So I did a little Googling and came up with a site called Intense Debate, which installs a comment system on your blog enabling you to reply to people who comment. I've fitted it here and since I chose the 'apply to new posts' (the 'apply to all posts' made it sound like all the existing comments would be lost!) it theoretically should work on this post.

So to try it out- let's have some questions! Anything you've ever wanted to ask me, you can do so here. If the new system works I'll be able to reply...if it doesn't I'll answer the questions in tomorrow's post, along with a special surprise. :)


And to make this post interesting, I've included pictures of the cutest little set of drawers I picked up in the local junk shop. It's made from cigar boxes with tiny antique keys for handles. I don't know how old it is (it's very clean so it could be new) but it's exactly my kind of thing. And for $12, you don't think about it for too long.

No comments: