Monday, January 10, 2011

Fancy that...

Something in me has gone very strange lately... I'm growing more and more fixated on roses.

maidens never die

It seems I like them especially in smelly-stuff form, having spent more money in the last week on rose-scented beauty products that I probably spend on all my bathroom kit in a month. Not usually one for girlish products you see...another odd thing.

Moroccan rose and sandalwood body butter by the delightful sageandmage

I find myself drawn to hearts, butterflies, roses, stars...all in the very sweet, faded English summer colours.
--- sugar flowers ---

Relieved to feel a tiny inspiration to make jewelry, mostly while tripping through my favourites to surprise myself with gorgeous mail. Though I admit the inspiration is really only to be found in making things for myself, but it's so rare that I treat myself thusly, I think that should be seen as something to be thankful for rather than to fret over.

4 comments:

Dreaming Woods said...

Penny, would you like to receive another parcel of tea and bits and pieces for jewelries? i will begin to clear my supplies and i would love to give them for someone.

Delila

Drucilla said...

your fabric roses are absolutely stunning! i love the subtle dyes and the texture of the fabric. i've been longing for the scent of roses, like some rose-water toner or something... so now i'm inspired to find some on etsy! thanks!

Andrea said...

Beautiful fabric roses!!

A mermaid in the attic said...

Mmmm, Rose is my favourite perfume! The earrings arrived today and they are gorgeous, thank you!