Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Bookish creatures


Not feeling very talky-talk lately, but here's a photofest of some recent acquisitions.


Big but ruined Collected works of Paul Bunyan, with gorgeous cover (so gorgeous I'm thinking of adapting the curled ivy for a tattoo)

(old scraps of paper were often pasted inside to strengthen the binding)

Mothy edges...


Big but ruined 1890s edition of Little Dorrit (you know I freaked)

font..!

I could get that font as a tattoo as well...

ragged from love

love book binders labels- I love Ballarat too, wonderful historic city


utterly ruined (can we see a pattern?) photo album...

(exquisite end papers)



(teaching certificate tucked inside photo album)


There you go.

6 comments:

Motherkitty said...

These are absolutely exquisite! Thanks for sharing. You've made my day.

Thespa McLaughlin said...

Absolutely gorgeous finds! I buy old books for the sake of their covers a lot. Love old covers that have personality!

fanciful devices said...

a gorgeous picture is worth a thousand talkie-talks.

Gillian said...

What a gorgeous collection! Those mothy edges are making me swoony!

Seth said...

These books and images really speak to me.

Louise said...

Wow, soooo beautiful!