Monday, June 6, 2011

Soldiering On



Good news! Miss Kitty is not as bad as we thought- at least not right now. She does have cancer but she's ill right now because it's infected*, so once she has her anti-biotics she should get another 6 months out of life and still be purrfectly happy. I'd like her tested for diabetes, but to do that we need a urine sample. And brother, that ain't easy!


In the meantime she's almost back to her old self, with the only change being she's much more personable and wants to sit on my lap all the time. Sadly computer desks weren't meant for that, which is a huge gap in the market if you ask me. Whoever invents a desk where a kitty can sit on your lap and you can still reach the keyboard and mouse...they'll make a mint.


In other news, I've been working on a ton of stuff in the studio- apart from the things that went up last night there are 6 more pairs of earrings, a bracelet set and two necklaces ready to roll. I have 3 pots of 'ready to assemble' necklaces, 6 pots of earrings, cuff bases ready to embellish...


sneak peak of the next update

I'm also working on another photography tutorial for you chaps, one that deals with the importance of backgrounds and the difference various surfaces can make. Hooray!

* She had an ultrasound about a month ago to see why she was so fat...how they missed a tumour the size of a golf ball I'll never know, and it really pisses me off!

4 comments:

Vintajia Adornments said...

Glad to hear your moggy has been given some more time. Can almost see he smile on her human companion

stregata said...

Glad to hear your kitty is feeling better - and I hear you on the kitty/lap/computer topic - I have 5 kitties and someone always wants on the lap...
Looking forward to your new pieces and love the pic of the labradorites...

Jackie said...

So happy to hear Miss Kitty is doing better today. Enjoy your extra time with her.

I can't wait to see your next update, the labradorites are gorgeous!

Hugs...Jackie

Diana said...

Glad your sweet companion is better. I'm struggling right now with a laptop balanced on the chair arm and two cats in my lap. There's a whole market for the taking in cat friendly computer accessories!
Your work is lovely and inspiring. Thanks for sharing it through your blog--always a treat.
X, Diana