Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sparrow visits the castle

I had a studio-free day this weekend (a rarity) , choosing instead to catch up with friends who live out in the hills behind my town.


This if you can believe it, is the view from their garage. Seriously. At it's like that on the other 3 sides of the house too. (click the pic to view large.)


Every room is filled with the treasures of a lifetime of adventuring, each object has a story connected to it.



We cleaned out some of the enormous shed while I was there (the last owners left a lot of junk), I was tasked with sorting through a whole chest of vintage craft stuff- the terms were I kept what I liked and boxed up the rest for charity. Good deal! I don't have a picture of my haul, so here's a picture of my work desk instead:


The lighter tones of pink and cream are making themselves known right now. And look- textiles! I feel as if the Spring is already inside me, the weather just needs to catch up. Unusual for me- usually I hang on to the winter as much as I can. I guess I'm just sick of sitting still. Plus I have plans brewing.

Big plans.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am in love with the photo of the garden with the light on the geranium!!! Magical pretty much describes my thoughts.

Jenna said...

I just wanted you to know that I've had a bunch of folks from Australia in my store (I'm in San Francisco) who tell me that they can't find any interesting jewelry where they live, so I've been directing them very proudly to your Etsy shop. I think you are incredibly talented, so I hope they are buying lots of pretty things from you!

One lady from Perth said she wanted one of your necklaces to go with a Victorian mourning suit she bought from me. She lives on a ranch, but she is planning on wearing the whole outfit anyway, and she doesn't care if her neighbors think she's crazy :)

Bohemian said...

The Home of your Friends is beyond FABULOUS... Just my Style... and OMG what a View!!!!!!!!!!!

Dawn... The Bohemian