Friday, March 21, 2008

The King of gone to bed


King of gone to bed- WIP mixed-media collage, includes 19th century wallpaper, vintage book pages, chinese fan paper, photograph stitched on fabric, vintage admit one ticket and dried plant matter. Mounted on 1930s photo frame backing. (Might still paint that yet...)

After a day of rolled up sleeves and elbow grease, I finally have a clean studio table where I can do my paper collage work. The kitchen table may be a mess of 'things to be sorted' , but you can't have everything. ;)

Speaking of not having things, the bank have still not sent my debit card, and of course with Easter going on it's impossible to get anything done till Tuesday (Friday and Monday are public holidays here in Australia). If it's not there by the end of the week I don't think I'll be able to open the shop on Friday- which really really gets to me, because I've already put off the date once and it makes me feel like some sort of dodgy failure to have to do it again. Oh Etsy, when will you let us poor Aussies pay via Paypal?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dear sparrow - I love this and your blog is making me swoon - just saw a show of Gail Rieke's - which is how I got here - lovely work and sensibility - hers and yours - I will return...

xox - eb.