Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Sparrow Returns

Here I am, back from my three weeks away! I can't believe it was that long, it really does feel like barely a week went past.

I didn't do a whole lot to be honest- looked after my Mum (she had gone into hospital for an operation), did some country thrifting, watched a lot of Who Dunnits on TV (from Miss Marple to Midsommer to Magnum PI!) and generally slopped about trying hard not to work. I'm settling in for a nice long session with my Google Reader today and I hope to catch up with everyone in the next few days.


In the meantime, I have been tagged by the lovely Sharon over at secretleaves to share ten random things about me, so here we go!

1. I'm the only member of my family to hold a university degree

2. I hate sausages, unless they're cooked on some sort of outdoor equipment (campfire, bbq etc)

3. I've had a muscle spasm in the corner of my right eye all day and it's driving me mad.

4. I literally cannot figure living a life where nothing is second-hand, antique, vintage, thrifted or just plain hand-me-down. Cannot. Will not.

5. My all-time favourite TV show ever is Red Dwarf.

6. I have trouble finding men under the age of 40 attractive. In fact if you're under 40 and are attractive to me, it's probably because you look over 40.

7. I find men's underwear to be exceptionally more comfortable, nicer in design and cheaper than girls' underwear. Hence why...I wear men's underwear.

8. When I do the dishes, I have to occupy my thoughts with some sort of childish fantasy, otherwise I get in a really bad mood. Must be something about having my hands in the water...gets me cranky!

9. I love boiled eggs, but if the yolk sets I don't want it. This is odd because I used to hate runny yolk, then this year I changed for no reason.

10. I used to live in a museum.

(images shown throughout this post are earrings I made before I went away. Some are listed in my shops, but the dice were just too good to give away and I kept them!)

oh PS- I have Twitter now! Follow me if you like, and if you have one too, let me know in the comments!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

So I guess you would not be interested in a drive to Ikea for a sausage lunch with a young boy anytime soon! Interesting facts! Welcome back!

Jo Archer said...

Glad to see you back. Hope your mum is doing ok. Hate to say this, but I just gave you Meme Award over on my blog, but you don't need to do the whole "reveal and tag" thing again.

byronicwoman said...

there is a story - or three - in #10. and i, for one, would love to hear it/them.

OdetteO said...

Me too! - which museum did you live in? Did your family run it, or were you a caretaker (or did you just pull a "Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler" and secretly camp out there? LOL)
Living in a museum has been my fantasy since childhood...

ArtPropelled said...

Living in a museum could be quite creepy?

Brittany said...

Welcome back, I've missed you! I shall add you on twitter, I'm 'britas' over there :).

fanciful said...

Meanwhile, I'm 35 and I can't fathom looking at a man over, say, 25. Cuz... Eeew! They're so groody! My lower limit's about 20. Isn't that scandalous?
oh, yeah, please do tell about the museum.

oldflowers4me said...

welcome back darling girl.

The Rustic Victorian said...

Welcome home, and back to normal,,what ever that is. I have to smile about living in a museum in mens shorts..your my kinda gal. I have a Mom that needs care as well, I hope yours is feeling in the pink and mending.
Marcie

Jeannine said...

glad to see you're back!

Büyü said...

glad to see you're back!