Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Hermit break

So last week some stuffs, they come in the mail. I was gunna blog about it but then my hermit genes kicked in and I forgets. But now- now I show to you the magic! Let's get on with it!

The first haul is from Petra, who lives in Devon because she wants to see me cry. Ooooh- parcels! 4 of them!! 
This one says 'from the woods'- ooh woody things!

Holy crap- the cuteness! Drawn on bone and wood, acorns, I think a small chestnut and some other nut I don't know...

The bit in the middle is either a fang or a claw...it came off a very very dead fox Petra keeps in her shed, (if Petra's husband is reading this, she has no fox and I'm a complete liar). Everyone else- I'd show you pictures but you might be eating. I think it's a tooth- if it were a claw it would be hollow like a dog's claw, would it not? Fox experts?

Close up, Mr.DeMille. 

Time to go coastal- this one says 'From The Sea'...what's in here?

GET THE EFF OUT! A little basket!!! YOU GUYS
:D Sea glass and shells and btis of slate- the orangey bit is a bit of brick that's floated about long enough to be worn smooth (probably 19th century).


The other side of the tag said 'from Lynmouth beach', which is near Petra's house. In case you want to know (and too bad if you don't) Lynmouth beach looks like this:

It has tiny buildings on winding steep streets, a river and a tiny railway that goes up cliffs. I am going to live there.

 
Let's move on to the little round pot that says 'from me' D'awww!

 
 so many things in that little pot!



ooooh- okay we're not gunna unwrap everything one shot at a time, let me just unwrap them all and arrange them...

LOOK AT THEM I bought them from Petra's shop - (but there's extra in there!) she's on vacation right now while she moves house, because obviously now I'm her friend she needs a spare room for me to move into.
look! There's an antique coin in there, totally keeping that for my own, cause it says 'One Penny' and I'm one Penny! 
chalky whites and pretty powder blue glazes
These are so tiny!
TINY BITCHES

But wait, what's this one?


OMFG

ferns n lichens!! (customs did a good job keeping this out of the country huh?)


Apparently this moss only grows where the air is really clean- these came out of Petra's backyard in Exmoor park. In case you want to know (and too bad if you don't) Petra's backyard looks like this:


Apparently it's an old mill or something- it's amaaaaaaaaazing.


Look! Ivy! I'll be off to shop for some little antique lenses now, so I can solder these ferns and mosses into tiny botanical pendants. I know I said at the start of the post that I had other hauls to show you, and I do...but this post was epic and it took aeons for the pics to go in the right order and for Blogger's format to not be a douche, which is it's natural talent. So you get that stuff next time.

17 comments:

Jo Archer said...

What a brilliant, thoughtful parcel to get through the door. Tell Petra, that I'm coming to stay with her too, when you come over. : ) Enjoy your goodies. x

Kathy Van Kleeck said...

holy moly what a haul and them tiny bitches is sweet! lucky girl you...

darlene said...

i love your humor! very beautiful gifties indeed. enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Petra's a total sweetie, amazing ceramic treats, I've used those "bitches" they're very cool and sha can tame squirrels!!! I'm dead jealous too, Lynmouth is stunning. Can't wait to see what you come up with

Sidereal Day said...

Ohhhhh so many goodies! What a thoughtful and fun package.

Petra Carpreau said...

Holy moly, you've made it all look so gorgeous! I'm just thrilled to bits that you liked it all, and can't wait to see what you turn it into.
I'm sure you'll fall in love with Lynmouth when you come over, and that it'll fall in love with you.

Have fun with your bitches!!!
xoxoxo :O)

Anonymous said...

whoooaa!!whatta haul. Thanks for the laughs & pics ;)

Flotsam Tide said...

soooooo beautiful! I love everything above, (hee hee I got a small basket from Petra too and it is really precious), ahem.. back to the gorgeousness, I love the feather and ferns and lichen... these could all be framed together. Perfect for you love and your deep British soul roots.

Lela said...

WHOA! Lookit all that STUFF! Such wonderful organic bits! You're going to have serious fun! :)

Jayne said...

What an incredible parcel(s) to receive. The unwrapping, the excitement, the reveal!!! omg was with you every step of the way, one thing more gorgeous than the other. I absolutely love the lichen (great for natural dyeing)and leaves. I can't wait to see what you create. jayne

Anthropomorphica said...

AAaaaaaaaaaaaaah, what a treasure trove Penny!
Hee hee you'll be living near me with Lynmouth, Lynton and Lynmouth are on my soon to live in list. Devon here I come.....
Can't wait to see what your marvellous mind creates with these.

fanciful devices said...

squeeeeeee!
i love me some bitches! no really, she's sent me all kinds of things just for no reason, she's the best. and yeah, she tames wild animals.

Kim Henkel Creations said...

OMG what amazingly beautiful collections. I just looked and looked....lovely, so lovely.

sue said...

presents are always fun and parcels in the mail especially so! Look forward to seeing what these lovely things become in your hands ...

crankypants said...

I was making happy "ooh" and "ahh" noises over your post like I do when I get parcels in the mail. That tiny basket of beachy love killed me. Killed me! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Holly Knitlightly said...

WHOA. Amazing. What an awesome package to receive in the mail! I love everything, haha. & you are petty funny. Loving your blog!

martinisfor2 said...

loving your treasures from Petra. isn't she amazing!!! i also have one of her penny coins which i attached to one of my fanci~tute bangles. i'm looking forward to seeing what fabulous creations you'll come up with!