Saturday, February 16, 2008

There is no better cure for world weariness than a day at home

Paper collage in timid beginnings

The last two days have been quite productive. I have spent my time cleaning out the corner of the studio (didn't give up on quite as much 'I can ebay that' stuff as I would've liked to...) but I did give four boxes of stuff to charity. I dyed quite a bit of stuff including some factory-made vintage felt; when you dye that stuff, it gets a real organic feel to it, as if you'd made it from scratch. Lovely.

I used a dye that my friend had given me- a commercial strength deep green. Talk about colour! I'm so used to the Dylon and its half-hearted attempts, and Rit is pretty good even if it does give up the ghost too quick, but this stuff was great! I used it to dye all those 'problem' slips that never seem to catch the colour- one came out very mottled and drippy. I have a good stock of clothes that are ready to be altered now, but I'm not looking at them until I move- I'm not allowed to start anymore projects!

Which is probably why I started some paper collages while I rested. *sigh* Well they are little things, for a package to a new friend, so it's not like I'm starting anything I'll never finish...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

world weariness is actually word weariness. a dis-ease that affects writers and those who follow the dull boring religious rituals of the world. what is needed is an escape from workaholism and rejuvenation back to childhood dreams of running in a green lawn amidst chilled circumstances. that's whats needed and not boring adult stuff like politics and newspapers filled with fucking bullshit.

Anonymous said...

world weariness is actually word weariness. a dis-ease that affects writers and those who follow the dull boring religious rituals of the world. what is needed is an escape from workaholism and rejuvenation back to childhood dreams of running in a green lawn amidst chilled circumstances. that's whats needed and not boring adult stuff like politics and newspapers filled with fucking bullshit.