Monday, August 2, 2010

shop updates, sneak peaks and scores

Some lovely images for you today...


Flea market finds from the weekend. We arrived at the market about 15 minutes before close time (lazy sunday!) and it had been a rainy day, so most stallholders had apparently left quite earlier, so it was said. The best stall was still open however, and I managed to rummage around in their scrap jewelry box. Mostly it's filled with dime store rubbish and a few 1970s vending machine bits, but I did manage to score well this time- Victorian beading, half a cut steel buckle from the same period, and some cute little 1970s charms. I also scored a sweet little red rusty tin, but I forgot to photograph it!


Detail shots! I love them, tiny things made enormous by the beauty of the macro setting. Here's a piece just listed in the shop last night...


Here's a necklace which I think I'm happy with, so that will be listed later...


...and here's a bracelet that will also go up later.


I've rapidly fallen in love with chunky ethnic and crystal beads on Etsy, and inspired to make some hybrid work that sits somewhere between the bracelets I showed you recently and my wrist cuffs. I've done work like this before but it's about to get a whole lot more earthy.

4 comments:

fanciful devices said...

this is glorious. are u becoming inspired again?

fanciful devices said...

when do i get to see these? i looked thru the shops...?

Anonymous said...

That top photo is beautiful!

Heather said...

lovely! Those dark intense tones are gorgeous. cant wait to see what you create! i love finding little lost treasures...