Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Supply shop chopping block


I've been feeling a little hemmed in here these past few weeks, as if my wings needed stretching, so when my application for a job at the local library fell through (much to my mystification- I was perfect for them!) I took it as a sign from the powers to take my freedom while I still have it. I'll be temporarily 'living out of home' for a few months as of next week- a combination of possible part-time work and a niggling curiosity to try living in the city again.


Of course living out of home and running a business at the same time ain't easy, so in order to lessen the load of what I'll be taking with me I've stripped down the supply shop inventory. I'll only be offering my craft kits (as many as I can make before I leave!), my ethical crystals (of which I have bought far more than good sense allows) and a few select little antique lovelies. Sparrow Salvage will of course remain open and I will still be making and adding work to it!

These dominoes are something special- I don't know how old they are exactly, but at least 100 years. There's something in me that likes to think they were (very well) made by someone poor, as they're clearly mimicking the brass pin and bone dominoes fashionable in the 19th century, but with simpler construction.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the new adventure. Sorry about the job, but hey one closed door is one less to choose from. So set sail and see where the wind blows you. Good luck. Bel

fanciful devices said...

oh, yummy pictures...
as i've said to you before, you need to post some pictures of all the different places you go, since you always seem to be off somewhere. I'd love to see this city of which you speak...

Penelope said...

I should take more pictures really- of life I mean. I use my camera as a business tool, but I should take pictures of things I see and do. Not only because you want to see them! And that reminds me I still haven't posted about England...