Thursday, February 3, 2011

swings and roundabouts




I put together a treasury today, clearly working with the wounded place:

Chimneysweep's heart

In my current period of 'standing still' I've been drawn back to the wounded place, where I keep my Dickensian dusty blacks and chalky greys... obviously in a tie of low spirits I am drawn to this style, though there is an added addition of earthiness to it, so it's not as bleak and draining as usual, and that's good news.


I've found myself missing wrist cuffs more lately. Not very surprising, since that's what I started out doing. Perhaps it makes sense that the less time I've spent on them, the less content I've become with my work. Going through old sold items, I'm almost heartsick with some pieces- the tatters and fragility, the seemingly abstract arrangement of objects...


..if they weren't in my own archive, I could mistake these for the work of others. I honestly don't remember making half of these, I look at some of them and think 'did I make that? I must have...how did I come up with the idea on that?'


So perhaps I have finished standing still. Perhaps my feet are beginning to move, slowly, musingly, wondering. I've remarked that cuffs are something I thought I'd probably go back to, and though it's been almost 4 weeks since I declared myself 'over it'...they have been a constant in the back of my mind.


At least I know now, all is not lost.

1 comment:

Cherie said...

Oh Darling shifting alleviates boredom and monotony, you're doing it beauitfully, you're not alone. While you're standing still your posts are magically inspiring! Don't bee too hard on yourself, "it" will happen. xo.