Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Phoenix fire

And all is well! The computer very politely came back from the dead and I can access my life again! I was so lucky not to lose anything, not even my Firefox bookmarks- which I was surprised at as I'd had to uninstall it and re-install.

I've been working again too, finding inspiration in new things and methods, sorting objects into collections ready to start learning solder charm jewellery. I'm going shopping for the basics next week! Very excited about this, a genuine step forward in my artistic journey- learning a whole new skill.


I've also started formulating plans for an art exhibition sometime next April- the local gallery here is quite small so I can do an installation and have the scale work well. There's a wardrobe involved, but that's all I'll tell you right now.


I love this time of year, my head is abuzz with ideas. Christmas is over, the new year is around the corner...it's that little no man's land where people don't quite know what to do with themselves. I've always seen this time as a period where you should assess everything in your life- figure out what you want more of and what you want less of. I make a list of what I want to have in my life, then on New Years night I do a tarot reading. It sets me off to a good start- things always seem so much more interesting, exciting and full of possibilities. Having a plan is good. :)


I can feel next year to be very different to this one. I've come through a doorway into a new world. I feel different. The very first indications of this kind of change is of course in my work- my style changes slightly, or I'll be interested in something to an overwhelming degree.

This month I have re-discovered colour.

No comments: