Thursday, April 1, 2010

famous time

The lovely Angela from Poseymoe wrote to me last week and asked if I'd be interested in being interviewed for the handmade Q+A section on her blog, and of course I was!

PP: Tell us a little about your background.

SS: I grew up in a poor but large family in the Australian countryside, with my parents and grandmothers, lots of uncles and aunts, two brothers and countless animals. I was taught from a young age to be crafty. Having my dad and his brother's natural skills as builders, carpenters, mechanics and cooks, as well as two grannies who had both seen war and the Great Depression, meant that whatever we needed we usually had the talent between us to make ourselves. It was a shock to me after leaving home, that some people lived without a good portion of handmade in their homes! It still shocks me now if you really want to know.

You can read all the interview here. Thank you Angela, I'm so pleased with how it turned out!

No comments: